sanCtum méditerranée is working through its actions to promote a convergence around a common objective: to rebuild and consolidate the bond and balance of the relationship between man, land and nature. The implementation of experimentation, living laboratories to stimulate innovation by sharing the expertise and knowledge of transmission is an essential dimension for sanCtum méditerranée.
sanCtum méditerranée accompanies you:
- advisory services on the diversification of crops and varietal resources,
- support in installation and conversion into organic farming,
- aid in valorizing agricultural raw materials (grains, plants, products of primary processing),
- biodiversity observatory center, optimization of soils and ecosystems,
- agro-ecology and association of crops for organic farming,
- skills and equipment of 1st transformation,
- market observatory and distributions.
Accompaniment, biodiversity and new technologies (Bio-processes)
To give us the means to succeed in this ambitious project, we prepare:
- a research and cooperation service
Establishment of a partner and solidarity network as well as an online documentation and resource center on research related to agro-ecology and botanical knowledge.
- training courses
Initiation to working with the land, around the cultivation of Perfume, Aromatic, Medicinal Plants (PPAM), plants of food interest and their transformation, accessible for all ages and all levels of experience.
- Market Observatory
Studies of socio-economic data on the periphery of the Mediterranean basin, concerning sustainable development, innovations in the transformation and manufacture of raw materials of vegetable origin.
- Network of influence of sanCtum méditerranée
This network guarantees to companies and consumers the origin and traceability of the production of natural raw materials. It promotes on a national and international level a respect for human and the earth. Its action covers the entire France (in particular Occitania, Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur and Drôme Provençale), with development prospects extended to Spain, Italy, Greece, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Palestine, Israel and other countries of the Mediterranean.
Living laboratory, varietal resources
The actions developed by sanCtum méditerranée
- to provide farmers with seeds, plants, data sheets and experimental results in a crop association,
- to help the establishment of new farmers in innovative production sectors and to support the conversion projects in organic and sustainable agriculture,
- make available to consumers a range of exceptional products, ecological and solidarity products (vegetable oils, essential oils, flours and food supplements, cosmetics and wellness products),
- valorization of coproducts from agro-food to animal nutrition, industry, biotechnology, energy and cosmetics. Always in a circular economy, among the missions, innovate to respond to environmental challenges, by diversifying crops of plants with high nutritional value and multiple uses in order to improve also the economic performance of the sectors and a self-sufficiency in proteins . Among plant proteins that can enhance animal feed, camelina oilcake (coproduct from Cameline seed extraction), a plant with high nutritional value and multiple uses, has many advantages and is a competitive alternative to raw materials traditionally used, including imported soycake from the Americas,
- promote a new vision of agriculture through a sustainable economy at local, regional and national level. A fair valorization of the know-how, the terroirs and their resources accompanies this initiative, which extends to the fields of arts and crafts.
- ensure, through our network of partners (producers, gatherers, processors, traders and industrial), a sustainable commercial relationship. The signature sanCtum méditerranée guarantees a fair valorization of the resources to the peasants/farmers,
- Encourage innovations in the fields of research on new agricultural practices and the transformation of raw plant materials (bio-extraction and production processes, additives and natural active ingredients, etc.)